Large indoor facility in NW Suburb; address to be emailed on Wednesday 4/25/17
Spring Fling Event Details
Come join us for our first Spring Fling Event held in an indoor domed facility capable of facilitating several activities all at the same time including (bring them if you got them):
- Bean Bag Toss Games
- Bocce Ball
- Ring Toss
- Golf Putting and Driving Range (driving needs to be arranged with other activities – don’t want anyone betting bonked)
- Volley Ball (We will supply volley ball stands that can be secured with sandbags)
- Soccer (the facility has soccer ball nets available – need balls)
- Card and Board Games (bring your own cards, games, and tables/chairs)
- Almost anything your heart desires
We hope this will be the beginning of many, enjoyable, monthly events at this facility.
WHAT TO BRING
Think of this as an outdoor event held indoors. You won’t need insect repellent, but you should bring:
- Thongs, sandals, or flip-flops
- Lawn chairs or something to sit on
- Tables and chairs if you want to play card or board games (bring your card or board games, too).
- Large bath or beach towels to sit on when using public chairs or to use as wraps to go to public restrooms.
- Storage bins or gym bags to store your clothes in.
- Bocce ball, ring toss, bean bag toss, Frisbee, footballs, softballs, volley balls, beach balls, pickle ball, lacrosse, — any type of lawn game you may have that does not need to be pounded into the turf.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
- Pizza will be provided, but bring snacks to share.
- Bring your own beverages and coolers
- Some bottled water will be provided.
You may bring alcoholic beverages for your own personal use, but you may not share them with anyone else. You are responsible for yourself, but if sponsors or management of the facility feel you are not able to drive, you may be asked to arrange alternate transportation and recover your vehicle the following day.
The restrooms are in the lobby area. Bring bathrobes or shorts to wear in the lobby (it is closed to the public, but there are glass doors to the front – we may be able to cover them, but staff will be in this area, too).
This is a large open area facility. The furnace has two settings – on and off! There is no thermostat. It will be turned on prior to 7 p.m., but it may not be as warm as other indoor events, so plan accordingly.
There is ample room in the inside area for change areas, but there are no lockers or storage bins supplied. Suggest you bring your own storage or gym bags. There is an area where these can be placed out of the way.
WAIVER TO BE SIGNED
You will be asked to sign a liabilty waiver providing your legal name and signature which will be held in complete confidence by the facility’s legal office.
The cost for this event is $20 per person in advance or $25 at the door. To pay in advance send your check or money order made payable to Minnesota Naturists so that it arrives no later than Wednesday, April 25th, to
PO BOX 580882
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55458-0882
We suggest you take a picture of your check / money order and stamped envelope to show us at the door in case there is a chance the mail won’t be delivered in time.
RSVP & DEADLINE
RSVP through our Meetup group, MN-Naturists, event. if you are a member of that group. If you aren’t, it is very easy to join and there is no cost, but is is a private group, so you will have to wait to be approved. You should send an email to the activities director or club president letting them know that you are joining so you can RSVP for the Spring Fling Event. Your Meetup group username will be used for verification when you check in at the door.
If you are a member of Avatan or Oakwood, let your activity director know you would like to attend so they can create an attendance list to give us. If you want to pay in advance, you will still have to send your check or money order to the address above under COST. Your name will be verified with the list they provide us at the door upon check in. Or, you may RSVP by emailing the Minnesota Naturists Activities Director with your name and club affiliation and whether you will mail your payment in or pay at the door. You will be asked to show your AANR membership card at check in.
You must RSVP by 8:00 P.M. Monday, 4/24/17, so we can plan for pizzas and other supplies. The address will be emailed to you on Wednesday, 4/26/17, so we must have a valid email address for you.
DO NOT RSVP ON THIS SITE IN ANY WAY. RSVP ONLY VIA MEETUP.COM GROUP OR THROUGH YOUR AVATAN OR OAKWOOD ACTIVITY DIRECTOR OR BY EMAILING THE Minnesota Naturists Activities Director.
If you pay in advance by mailing us a check or money order and must cancel, let us know by Monday, 4/24/17 for a full refund. After that date, we cannot give a refund to cover the cost of rent, food, and supplies ordered. (In case of emergency, contact our president (firstname.lastname@example.org) or activities director (email@example.com).